Whilst motorised scooters can be great for increasing mobility and independence, there are a few factors you’ll need to take into account before using your motorised scooter in the workplace.
- Will your scooter require charging while you’re at work? If so, is there a safe space at work for you to do so?
- Is the floor strong enough to support the weight of the scooter?
- Are the access routes wide enough for you to easily and safely manoeuvre within the workplace?
- If you need to take the lift to access your place of work, will your scooter fit in the lift?
- Where will the scooter be stored when you’re not using it? Is there a safe space?